Friday, December 16, 2005

Christmas markets

I love these little things! We have one in Chicago, but it doesn't have the same feel as the markets in Poland and (I assume) the rest of Europe.

I spent 6 zloties on 300 grams of bigos and a big piece of thick bread then stood in the snow (read slush) falling all around me--seeking out my feet to soak and freeze them--while I ate it. Had there been grzaniec, I totally would have had some. That's mulled wine and it can be super yummy. Soul warming.

Kraków has a nice Christmas market. How about Warsaw?

4 Comments:

At 12/16/2005 06:50:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Wow, Poland has Christmas markets?? I took three Poles to Germany last weekend specifically to visit the markets in Bonn and Cologne. They had obviously never been to one in Poland. Maybe it's just in Krakow?

 
At 12/17/2005 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Aaron Fowles said...

And in Poznan! But it's small. Very small.

 
At 12/17/2005 04:13:00 PM, Blogger Gustav said...

I don't know of one in Warsaw. Anybody?

 
At 12/18/2005 11:56:00 PM, Blogger Aaron Fowles said...

Update: they brought in the grzaniec on Saturday. Result: Yummy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home