Sunday, January 29, 2006

All in all

Gustav and I tried to write everything up this morning, but his computer ate the post. Grr.

I arrived in Warsaw at two and Gustav was there to meet me. We went back to his flat and drank some coffee and ate kebabs. Really good kebabs! Much better than Poznan. You can't get a pita here to save your life.

Then, as I'd never actually visited Warsaw, we took a tram and he showed me around. We were walking down Nowe Miasto when Beetroot called up. He was at the bookstore half a block away! So we met up and walked around. They took me to the Market Square and, I must say, I was thoroughly unimpressed. In Poznan, Krakow, Wroclaw, Torun, and basically all the other cities I've visited, the Rynek is the center of life. Warsaw's Rynek was absolutely empty except for three tourists and us.

At 8:00, we went to Bierhalle, a german-themed brewpub. Not a terrible place, but not a place to chat. And we wanted to chat. So we went to a quaint but trendy place with very expensive beer. Sorry Warsaw, but 9 zl for a beer is outrageous. Still, the company was good.

The fun lasted well into the night. Gustav, Becca, and Beetroot had the unique opportunity to place things on a hairy American and photograph him in all his vulnerability. Vultures!

What do you call a piece of wood that lives in Warsaw and is fond of large, white, aquatic birds?

..

..

..

Think about it.

..

..

..

A goose stave.

Sorry. Had to do that.

1 Comments:

At 1/29/2006 05:59:00 PM, Blogger beatroot said...

It was good to see you...Berrhalle, to anyone thinking of going there, has all the atmostphere of a surgical truss! Somaybe it is better to go to the trendy place, called Muze.

I will be invading Poznan at the end of February...if that'sOK with you, A? !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home